Friday, November 03, 2006

Bob Rae rules out re-opening constitution debate

Posted by Picasa OTTAWA (CP) Leadership hopeful Bob Rae is warning Liberals that there is no appetite in the country for constitutional adventures or “abstract debates” over Quebec’s identity.While he wouldn’t go so far as to say the Constitution should never be reopened, Rae made it clear Friday that it wouldn’t happen under his watch.

MICHAEL McCAFFERTY says:

Prime Minister Stephen Harper is my prime minister. I am very loyal to him and admire Prime Minister Harper very much.

Having said that I do believe Bob Rae has lots of common sense in saying that he would not reopen the debate on Canada's constitution.

Rae is right -- there is no appetite in Canada for constitutional foolishness.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rae is correct....there is no 'constitutional reform parade' for any politician to jump out in front of ...in Canada , at this time

6:23 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

Welcome to michael mccafferty's world ! It is my hope to share with you my heartfelt thoughts on subjects near and dear to me. Again welcome. And please feel free to post.

Regina,Canada