Thursday, October 12, 2006

Prime Minister Harper says Liberal leadership candidates 'anti' Israel

Posted by Picasa Liberal candidates anti-Israel, PM says
Oct. 12, 2006.
CANADIAN PRESS

Most of the candidates vying for the leadership of the Liberal party are anti-Israel, Prime Minister Stephen Harper said today as controversy swirled over comments by front-runner Michael Ignatieff.

Ignatieff's statement that Israel had perpetrated a war crime with its attack on Lebanon typified that sentiment, Harper said.

"This is consistent with the anti-Israeli position that has been taken by virtually all of the candidates for the Liberal leadership," he said.

"I don't think it's helpful or useful."

On Wednesday, Ignatieff's Toronto campaign co-chair, MP Susan Kadis, publicly renounced her support for him over the view that Israel's bombardment of the Lebanese city of Qana was a war crime.

MICHAEL McCAFFERTY Says:
I agree with Prime Minister Harper. I admire his strong support for Israel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

Welcome to michael mccafferty's world ! It is my hope to share with you my heartfelt thoughts on subjects near and dear to me. Again welcome. And please feel free to post.

Regina,Canada