Monday, December 19, 2005

President Bush asks Americans not to give up hope on Iraq

U.S. President George W. Bush portrayed Baghdad as an "ally of growing strength in the fight against terror," in a prime-time address aimed at boosting American support for the war in Iraq.

INDEPTH: click on Iraq

Bush acknowledged the campaign had been tougher than expected but rejected the view that it was "not worth another dime or another day."
"I do not expect you to support everything I do, but tonight I have a request," he said in a rare Oval Office address broadcast live on Sunday night.

Please 'CLICK HERE' for entire CBC NEWS report on the speech by President Bush.

Michael McCafferty comments:

President George W. Bush is a Christian man with integrity and honor. I am sure the war in Iraq weighs heavy in his heart.

I agree with the President when he said: "Do not give in to despair, and do not give up on this fight for freedom."

In my blog recently I wrote in support of US Senator Hillary Clinton's common sense plan to withdraw the American troops from Iraq. It makes a lot of sense.

I also agree with President Bush when he said: An immediate U.S. withdrawal would "signal to the world that America cannot be trusted to keep its word" and hand Iraq to "enemies," Bush warned.

Most important to me is that all who love freedom and emocracy should support the young men and women in uniform who are in Iraq. Many of them have died for this cause -- and it is my prayer their sacrifice shall not be in vein.

I comment President Bush for showing the courage and leadership of taking his message directly to the American people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

Welcome to michael mccafferty's world ! It is my hope to share with you my heartfelt thoughts on subjects near and dear to me. Again welcome. And please feel free to post.

Regina,Canada