Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Sad news. Our cat Cody is blind.

Posted by Picasa Recently we took our cat Cody to the vet -- and we got really sad news.
Cody is blind.

Cody is one of God's special creatures and we love him very much. Cody is 19 years old -- and the vet said that aside from being blind Cody is in excellent shape for a senior cat. We told him we love Cody so much that we will pamper him and take excellent care of him right up until he passes away. The vet said he appreciated how much we love our cat. Yes Cody the cat is very special to me and my family. It was 19 years ago this fall that we took our little Nicholas and Sarah to the Humane Society to pick out a kitten.
I spotted Cody and it was love at first sight. He has always been a very adorable and loving cat. Thank you for letting me share my feelings with you about my wonderful cat Cody who now is blind.

6 Comments:

Blogger Saskboy said...

That must be hard for a cat. Are there special things you have to do for Cody now?

8:23 AM

 
Blogger Michael McCafferty said...

Thank you for asking about Cody.

Yes there are all sorts of kind and loving things we are doing for our furry baby.

We have got him trained to find his food and liter box without getting all mixed up...and we spend a lot of time holding him and giving him tender loving care.

Believe it or not when we typed blindness in cats into Google we found all sorts of good and practicsl advice.

Cody is truly very special to us.

1:46 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know how it feels to love a pet that much. I had my Dog Tera since we were both little, I was one when we got her. We had to have her put down when I was 14. She was in a lot of pain. So we had to. Now we have 2 more German Shepards, they look like her. It's nice to see people spoil their animals and not ignore them. Hope the best for your family and Cody. :)

9:52 AM

 
Blogger Michael McCafferty said...

Thank you Jennifer for your very kind message. I hope you have many happy years with your German shephards. It was very nice of you to share your message with us.

12:04 AM

 
Blogger John Murney said...

Michael, I have the utmost and sincere confidence that Cody will continue to be a blessing to you. cody is now a very extraordinary cat!

2:24 PM

 
Blogger Eddy said...

Very sad indeed... Prayers go to all of God's creatures..
Thanks
Eddy McCafferty

7:36 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

Welcome to michael mccafferty's world ! It is my hope to share with you my heartfelt thoughts on subjects near and dear to me. Again welcome. And please feel free to post.

Regina,Canada