Friday, September 01, 2006

Premier Ralph Klein says 'good bye'

Posted by Picasa Premier Ralph Klein bid a teary farewell to the Alberta legislature on Thursday, marking one more stepping stone in the premier's long, slow journey towards retirement in the fall.

"It was very touching," Klein later told a press conference.

He added that "a long period is coming to an end -- 26 years in politics."

MICHAEL McCAFFERTY SAYS: I really admire Ralph Klein. He has to be one of the best premiers in Canada's history. Premier Klein is truly a great Canadian statesman. He will be missed and it will be a long time before another political giant becomes Premier of Alberta.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michael,

I've been trying to reach you by email, but not sure if I've got your current address. Please drop me a note when you get a chance (re: buttons).

Ron Gunzburger
publisher@politics1.com

1:25 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

Welcome to michael mccafferty's world ! It is my hope to share with you my heartfelt thoughts on subjects near and dear to me. Again welcome. And please feel free to post.

Regina,Canada