Tuesday, August 15, 2006

President Clinton praises Stephen Lewis

Posted by Picasa TORONTO --
President Bill Clinton paid tribute Tuesday to Stephen Lewis, the UN special envoy on AIDS, and all the others who have joined in the battle against HIV/AIDS around the world.

In a moving address to the International AIDS Conference, Clinton said the world and the people at the conference owe Lewis a debt of gratitude for his passion and no-nonsense approach.

"I always love sharing the stage with Stephen Lewis, although he is a hard act to follow," Clinton said after Lewis eloquently introduced him. "I thank him for a lifetime of public service."

MICHAEL McCAFFERTY SAYS:

I agree with President Clinton. Stephen Lewis is truly a great Canadian.

1 Comments:

Blogger John Murney said...

Me too!

10:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

Welcome to michael mccafferty's world ! It is my hope to share with you my heartfelt thoughts on subjects near and dear to me. Again welcome. And please feel free to post.

Regina,Canada