Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Prime Minister promises quick action on elected Senate in Canada

Prime Minister Stephen Harper sent a wake-up call reverberating through Parliament’s sleepy chamber of sober second thought today, saying senators could be running for office by the time the next general election is held.

Prime Minister Stephen Harper said today that he wants to get going on an elected Senate and that he could see it happening in time for the next federal election.

CLICK here for complete TORONTO STAR news article.

Michael McCafferty comments -

I am in favor of electing The Senate of Canada. I respect and admire Prime Minister Harper for showing great leadership in promising quick action on an elected Senate in Canada.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

Welcome to michael mccafferty's world ! It is my hope to share with you my heartfelt thoughts on subjects near and dear to me. Again welcome. And please feel free to post.

Regina,Canada