Friday, February 24, 2006

Canada's new Foreign Affairs Minister - The Honourable Peter MacKay

CANADA.com NEWS

Friday, February 24, 2006

LONDON -- Visiting Europe on his first trip abroad as foreign affairs minister, Peter MacKay says he's eager to bring more focus to Canada's role in the world but it doesn't mean keeping a greater distance from the United States.


"This was not meant to be a slight to anyone," MacKay said Thursday in response to reporters asking whether there's a hidden message in his choice of destinations.


"It was simply one country had to come first. So here I am in the U.K.," he said after meeting British Foreign Secretary Jack Straw.


"We are not dodging at all our relationship with the United States."
On Canada's place in the world, MacKay said: "What I would suggest is that we can play a more significant role."



CLICK HERE for complete article about Foreign Affairs Minister Peter MacKay's first official visit overseas.

Michael McCafferty comments:

Canada's new Foreign Affairs Minister Peter MacKay is a very outstanding and remarkable person. I admire Peter MacKay and was absolutely delighted when Prime Minister Harper designated him as Foreign Affairs Minister.

Foreign Affairs Minister MacKay will truly make Canada proud !

2 Comments:

Blogger John Murney said...

Are you kidding me, Michael? MacKay is a double-crossing liar who cannot be trusted.

11:26 PM

 
Blogger Michael McCafferty said...

John.

I know Peter MacKay and I trust him. And I admire him.

I guess you and I will just have to agree to disagree !

11:31 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

Welcome to michael mccafferty's world ! It is my hope to share with you my heartfelt thoughts on subjects near and dear to me. Again welcome. And please feel free to post.

Regina,Canada