Saturday, February 18, 2006

National ID Card for Canada

Canadian Press

Ottawa — Sooner or later, Canadians will have to carry some form of identification other than a passport to travel outside the country, says the new federal minister of public safety.

The British Commons has just adopted legislation for a government-issued national ID card and Stockwell Day suggested in an interview with The Canadian Press that such a card is inevitable for Canada.

Click here for GLOBE AND MAIL news article Day proposes national ID card.

Michael McCafferty comments:

I agree with federal Minister of Public Safety,Stockwell Day that the time has come for a national identification card in Canada.

The world has become a dangerous place -- and I do believe law abiding Canadian citizens would have no problem with a national ID card.

I am pleased that Canada's new Conservative Government is taking this idea seriously because it is an idea whose time has come.

1 Comments:

Blogger John Murney said...

Remember Mike, Big Brother is watching you...

2:36 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

Welcome to michael mccafferty's world ! It is my hope to share with you my heartfelt thoughts on subjects near and dear to me. Again welcome. And please feel free to post.

Regina,Canada