Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Cameron elected Leader of British Conservative Party

BBC NEWS
Cameron chosen as new Tory leader

David Cameron will now choose his shadow cabinet.

David Cameron has been elected as the new Conservative leader by a margin of more than two to one over David Davis.
The 39-year-old beat Mr Davis by 134,446 votes to 64,398 in a postal ballot of Tory members across the UK.

CLICK HERE for BBC NEWS report on the election of David Cameron as Leader of the British Conservative Party.

Michael McCafferty comments:

I am absolutely thrilled and delighted that David Cameron has been elected the Leader of the British Conservative Party. Mr. Cameron is a remarkable and outstanding young leader who will truly make a great Prime Minister
when the time comes.

A few weeks ago I endorsed Mr. Cameron on my blog and I am pleased by the solid mandate he has received in being elected Conservative party leader.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

Welcome to michael mccafferty's world ! It is my hope to share with you my heartfelt thoughts on subjects near and dear to me. Again welcome. And please feel free to post.

Regina,Canada