Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Green Party of Canada

Green Party hoping to double its support


by the Canadian Press

The Green party hopes to double its support in the Jan. 23 federal election, bringing it in further from the political fringe, their deputy leader David Chernushenko said.

But the party's chief goal remains getting its first MP elected to the House of Commons, Chernushenko said from Ottawa.

The Greens, who again intend to run a candidate in each of the 308 ridings, drew about 4.3 per cent of the popular vote in the June 2004 election.

CLICK HERE for complete Green Party CTV NEWS article.

Click here for GREEN PARTY OF CANADA website.

Michael McCafferty comments:

For Canadians who want a 'new choice' in politics and don't want to vote for the old line parties the Green Party of Canada offers them a real alternative.

1 Comments:

Blogger John Murney said...

You are absolutely right. While I have not made up my mind how I will vote in this election, the Green party is certainly a viable option, provided they are running a credible candidate in Regina QuAppelle this time.

12:26 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

Welcome to michael mccafferty's world ! It is my hope to share with you my heartfelt thoughts on subjects near and dear to me. Again welcome. And please feel free to post.

Regina,Canada