Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Prime Minister Harper defends Canada's multicultural diversity.

Harper defends Canadian diversity
PM rejects calls to curb immigration, calls open society 'our greatest strength'

VANCOUVER -- Prime Minister Stephen Harper issued a ringing defence of cultural diversity yesterday, rejecting calls for Canada to be less open to immigration as a way of curbing terrorism.

"I believe, actually, the opposite is true," Mr. Harper told the opening session of the United Nations' World Urban Forum here.

"Canada's diversity, properly nurtured, is our greatest strength."

Click here for complete TORONTO GLOBE AND MAIL article.

MICHAEL McCAFFERTY COMMENTS:

Prime Minister Harper is a genuine Canadian patriot and he makes me proud of Canada and what it means to be a Canadian.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

Welcome to michael mccafferty's world ! It is my hope to share with you my heartfelt thoughts on subjects near and dear to me. Again welcome. And please feel free to post.

Regina,Canada