Sunday, June 18, 2006

Conservative government to abolish long gun registry

CTV NEWS

The Conservative justice minister believes Tory legislation to abolish the long gun registry -- set to be introduced as early as Monday -- will pass when it is voted on in the fall, though it may come down to a margin of just a few votes.

MPs won't be able to vote on the bill until the fall, when the House of Commons resumes from its summer break.

"We need about 30 to 35 votes and I think we can piece together a working majority to get that legislation through," Justice Minister Vic Toews told CTV's Question Period on Sunday.

MICHAEL McCAFFERTY COMMENTS:

Prime Minister Stephen Harper and the Conservative Government made a pledge and commitment to abolish the long gun registry. I respect and admire the fact that the Conservative Government is true tots word.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

Welcome to michael mccafferty's world ! It is my hope to share with you my heartfelt thoughts on subjects near and dear to me. Again welcome. And please feel free to post.

Regina,Canada