Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Gerald Ford's health improving

CNN

RANCHO MIRAGE, California -- Former President Gerald Ford is responding well to his pneumonia treatment and could be discharged from a southern California hospital later this week, hospital officials said Tuesday.

Click here for entire CNN news about former President Gerald Ford.

Michael McCafferty comments:

Gerald Ford is one of the most honest and honorable men to ever serve in the White House as President of the United States. Gerald Ford is truly a genuine statesman.

In March of 1975 I was invited to and attended a Republican Leadership Dinner in Washington, D.C. at which President Gerald Ford was the speaker. At that time I had the honor to meet President Ford at the White House in a very brief 'off the record'
meeting. For me it will always be one of the honors and highlights of all my years in politics.

In September of 1981 former President Gerald Ford came to Regina for a fund raising dinner at the Hotel Saskatchewan. I went to a book store a bought a copy of his memoirs and during the reception I got President Ford to autograph it for me.

It is my heartfelt hope the Gerald Ford recovers and stays with us for a few more years because he truly is a good and decent man. A shining example of true
integrity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

Welcome to michael mccafferty's world ! It is my hope to share with you my heartfelt thoughts on subjects near and dear to me. Again welcome. And please feel free to post.

Regina,Canada