Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Ed Broadbent : A salute to Mr. Decent

As he departs the national scene, The Globe and Mail selects the former NDP leader and retiring member of Parliament for Ottawa Centre, Ed Broadbent, as 2005's Nation Builder of the Year -- a man who stood up for principled civility in the face of the politics of contempt. Jan Wong profiles this rarest of creatures, the honest politician: So long, it's been good to know you.

By JAN WONG
Saturday, December 31, 2005
From Saturday's Globe and Mail
E-mail Jan Wong
Read Bio

Click here to read Jan Wong's salute to Ed Broadbent as Canada's Nation Builder for 2005.

Michael McCafferty comments:

Back in the 1970s when I worked on Parliament Hill for John Diefenbaker I had the honor to get tomeet and know Ed Broadbent. While I was a Progressive Conservative and loyal THE CHIEF (John Diefenbaker) I have always seen Ed Broadbent as truly a good and decent Canadian with great integrity.

I am pleased the GLOBE and MAIL has named Mr. Broadbent as Canada's nation builder for 2005. Ed Broadbent is truly a great statesman.

1 Comments:

Blogger John Murney said...

I agree Michael. 'Honest Ed' is a great man. What a great choice the Globe and Mail made.

10:24 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

Welcome to michael mccafferty's world ! It is my hope to share with you my heartfelt thoughts on subjects near and dear to me. Again welcome. And please feel free to post.

Regina,Canada