Tuesday, September 27, 2005

New Governor General of Canada takes office

Michaelle Jean sworn in as Governor General of Canada
Copyright
Canadian Press

September 27, 2005

OTTAWA -- Michaelle Jean, a Haitian-born Montrealer and television journalist, is Canada's 27th Governor General.
Jean, 48, was sworn in during a colourful ceremony in the Senate chamber.

CLICK HERE to see a very special web page by Canada.com about the new Governor General of Canada.


michael mccafferty comments:

Today is a great day for Canada. As a multicultural nation we can be very proud of the new Governor General of Canada, Michaelle Jean. She is a remarkable and outstanding woman and I send her my heartfelt best wishes for much success and happiness during her term of office.

Governor General Jean is indeed a jewel in Canada's crown !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

Welcome to michael mccafferty's world ! It is my hope to share with you my heartfelt thoughts on subjects near and dear to me. Again welcome. And please feel free to post.

Regina,Canada