Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Prime Minister names my friend Hugh Segal to the Senate of Canada

PM names 5 new senators

Tue, 02 Aug 2005 15:59:00 EDT

CBC News COPYRIGHT

Vancouver Mayor Larry Campbell, whose exploits as a coroner inspired the TV show Da Vinci's Inquest, and Hugh Segal, who was former prime minister Brian Mulroney's chief of staff, are among five new senators named Tuesday.

CLICK HEREto read CBC NEWS report on Senate appointments.

michael mccafferty comments:

While I am a western Canadian who believes the Senate of Canada should either be elected or abolished I was very delighted to learn the news that the Prime Minister had named my friend Hugh Segal to the Senate of Canada.

Hugh Segal is a very remarkable and outstanding Canadian. Hugh Segal is a brilliant man who brings great vision and leadership to Canada's Senate.

31 years ago I worked with Hugh Segal at the national headquarters of the Progressive Conservative Party of Canada -- and I like countless Canadians consider him to be an absolutely great Canadian. I am happy for my friend Senator Hugh Segal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

Welcome to michael mccafferty's world ! It is my hope to share with you my heartfelt thoughts on subjects near and dear to me. Again welcome. And please feel free to post.

Regina,Canada