Saturday, July 30, 2005

Saskatchewan Canada celebrates 100th anniversary

Message from Glen Hagel, Member of the Saskatchewan Legislative Assembly
and Saskatchewan Centennial Celebrations Chairman.

It's hard to believe, but in just a few short weeks we will be celebrating our official birthday.

September 4, 2005, marks the 100 th anniversary of Saskatchewan 's entry into Confederation and I know that people are ready for the party of the century!

When we became a province in 1905, the celebrations began early in the morning and extended well into the night. Newspaper reports from the day describe festivities that ranged from lacrosse games and parades, to formal dinners and elegant parties. A September 6, 1905, article in the Leader said the day ended with “… the biggest and most magnificent display of fireworks ever in the Dominion.”

CLICK HERE to visit the official website of the Saskatchewan Centennial.

michael mccafferty comments:

25 years ago in 1979 - October to be exact - I moved to Regina from Ottawa to start a new job. I was originally from New Brunswick but had a lot of association with Saskatchewan because I had worked as a personal aide to Saskatchewan's John Diefenbaker.

Mr. Diefenbaker truly loved Saskatchewan and some of it rubbed off on me.

In the 25 years since I moved to Saskatchewan as a young man of 28 I met my wife here in Regina, and our two children were born here in Regina and we all have come to love this great province.

Saskatchewan is a naturally beautiful province and I believe our province is built on the spirit of caring,community and co-operation.

CLICK HERE to see Michael McCafferty's Saskatchewan webpage.

Happy 100 years birthday to Saskatchewan !


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

Welcome to michael mccafferty's world ! It is my hope to share with you my heartfelt thoughts on subjects near and dear to me. Again welcome. And please feel free to post.

Regina,Canada