Saturday, July 23, 2005

Alcoholics Anonymous ®

Alcoholics Anonymous® is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for AA membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions. AA is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy, neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.

Copyright © by The A.A. Grapevine, Inc.

CLICK HERE to see the web site of Alcoholics Anonymous.

michael mccafferty comments:

I am an alcoholic and my life was saved by Alcoholics Anonymous. AA has saved hundreds of thousands of alcoholics since it was founded by Bill W. and Dr. Bob 70 years ago in 1935.

For over 20 years from age 16 to 36 I was a hopeless binge drinking alcoholic whose who life was messed up by alcohol.

I have been sober for 18 years and no longer have the desire to drink. Thanks to God and Alcoholic Anonymous I have peace of mind and most important - I lead a sober life.

As AA celebrates its 70th anniversary I am happy that it plays a very important role in my life.
Thank God for Alcoholics Anonymous.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Joseph Varma said...

Fellow Blogspot blogger, Found a cool new tool for our blogs... www.widgetmate.com It helps get latest news for our keywords directly on to our blog. 8:07 AM  

10:43 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

Welcome to michael mccafferty's world ! It is my hope to share with you my heartfelt thoughts on subjects near and dear to me. Again welcome. And please feel free to post.

Regina,Canada