Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Former Canadian Prime Minister 'doing well' after surgery.

Mulroney doing 'extremely well' after surgery

Copyright
Canadian Press

MONTREAL — Brian Mulroney was recovering "extremely well" Monday after recent surgery to remove liquid that had built up near his pancreas, said a spokesman for the former prime minister.
"Things are going well, they're looking good," Luc Lavoie said in an interview.
"Mr. Mulroney is doing well. He had the surgery Friday evening and he's recovering extremely well. The doctors are very confident. It seems this is the last obstacle before he regains full health."

michael mccafferty comments:

My friend former Canadian Prime Minister Brian Mulroney is a man I really admire.
Mr. Mulroney is truly a great Canadian statesman.

When Brian Mulroney was Prime Minister of Canada we had excellent relations with the USA.
Mr. Mulroney was one of the Commonwealth leaders who helped bring an end to apartheid in South Africa, and Mr. Mulroney's government brought in the Canada USA Free Trade Agreement.

It is my heartfelt hope Mr. Mulroney has a good and speedy recovery -- and he will be in my prayers -- because Brian Mulroney is my friend that I admire very much.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Michael,


The blog looks fine and I think we are all pleased that Brian Mulroney is making a good recovery


However, the stuff you wrote about BS elevates an avaricious creature to sainthood. Rubbish! She is a very wealthy, hard hearted and disloyal woman . I think Paul Martin, who is probably a reasonable fellow, is nursing a viper to his bosm.
Political morals are apparently flexible.


Peter

4:46 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Michael-lad

May I add an addendum.
I was a Mulroney delegate during his ill-fated triste against Joe Clarke.I met him at the bar at Auberge des Gouverneur in Quebec City before the ordeal as we talked about Industrial Relations.
Years later,I went to Shannon to participate in his spiel for his bid for the job of PM. Gary Ouellet,my brother as you know ,was his right arm and advisor.In fact,Gary had one of the first cellular phones in Canada...a big mother at the time......Mulroney insisted he have it at all times. In fact,I was there many a Saturday afternoon as Mulroney called Gary for advice.Mulroney could always count on Gary.And I guess for Gary the trappings were mutual as he was the top lobbyist in Canada.

6:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

Welcome to michael mccafferty's world ! It is my hope to share with you my heartfelt thoughts on subjects near and dear to me. Again welcome. And please feel free to post.

Regina,Canada