Sunday, May 22, 2005

Canadian politics lacking civility

Politics lacking civility says Belinda Stronach

Jim Brown

Copyright Broadcast News
May 22, 2005
CREDIT: Canadian Press


OTTAWA -- Belinda Stronach says some of the personal attacks mounted against her for defecting to the federal Liberals are a disgrace and a new low in Canadian politics.
"It's very interesting to me, in moments like this, how partisan people become," Stronach said Sunday on CTV's Question Period.
"There were a lot of negative comments made, and I find that disgraceful, quite frankly."

michael mccafferty comments:

Never in my entire 40 years of involvement in Canadian politics have I ever been witness to such mean and low class sexist attacks as those hurled at Belinda Stronach. These attacks were absolutely trash talk and disgusting.

In a free and democratic society like Canada surely those who disagree with Belinda Stronach's move to the Liberals could have used creative English to express their disappointmentr in her.

The Conservatives have been hurt by these cheap sexist attacks on Belinda Stronach.

Simply stated: I agree with Belinda Stronach - Canadian politics has lost a lot of civility.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

Welcome to michael mccafferty's world ! It is my hope to share with you my heartfelt thoughts on subjects near and dear to me. Again welcome. And please feel free to post.

Regina,Canada