Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Is Canada a 'haven' for terrorists ?

McKenna tries to ease U.S. fears
New ambassador reassures Americans that Canadian border security is tight

Copyright - The Globe and Mail

NEW YORK -- Ottawa's man in Washington, Ambassador Frank McKenna,
brought his unique brand of high-energy hucksterism to Times Square yesterday,
seeking to allay U.S. fears that Canada is a capricious, and therefore dangerous, neighbour.

Just two months into his job, Mr. McKenna has embarked on a very public effort to reassure Americans that Canada has taken responsible steps to combat terrorism and secure its own borders from unsavoury would-be immigrants.


To read complete Globe and Mail article CLICK HERE.

***************************************************

I believe Ambassador McKenna is telling the truth because I know him to be a very honest man -- a statesman with great integrity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

Welcome to michael mccafferty's world ! It is my hope to share with you my heartfelt thoughts on subjects near and dear to me. Again welcome. And please feel free to post.

Regina,Canada