Thursday, January 04, 2007

Nancy Pelosi becomes first female Speaker of US House of Representatives


A new era was proclaimed in Washington today as the Democratic party recaptured control of both houses of Congress after 12 years on the sidelines of power.


"The Democrats are back," exulted Nancy Pelosi, who went on to make history this afternoon when she was sworn in as the first woman to become speaker of the House of Representatives.


"This is an historic moment - for the Congress, and for the women of this country. It is a moment for which we have waited more than 200 years," Ms Pelosi, 66, told Congress. "Today we have broken the marble ceiling."

-------------

It is my heartfelt hope that a new era of bi-partisanship and clean politics comes to Washington,DC. I wish Speaker Pelosi the very best for her success in office.

1 Comments:

Blogger Catholica said...

wow does this lady make me want to puke. what an egoist!

1:37 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

Welcome to michael mccafferty's world ! It is my hope to share with you my heartfelt thoughts on subjects near and dear to me. Again welcome. And please feel free to post.

Regina,Canada