Monday, October 24, 2005

President Bush names next chairman of the Federal Reserve

Bernanke to succeed Greenspan as Fed chief

Copyright Associated Press

WASHINGTON - Ben Bernanke, a plain-speaking former economics professor, was chosen Monday by President Bush to be the next chairman of the Federal Reserve, the most influential economic policy job in the world.

If approved by the Senate, Bernanke would succeed Alan Greenspan, who has spent 18 years at the helm and is expected to step down Jan. 31. Bush called Greenspan a "legend," and Bernanke promised to continue the chairman's policies.

CLICK HERE to read complete ASSOCIATED PRESS report on the appointment of Ben Bernanke as United States Federal Reserve Chief.

MICHAEL McCAFFERTY comments:

President George W. Bush has made an excellent choice in naming Ben Bernanke as the next Chief of the United States Federal Reserve. Mr. Bernanke has outstanding and remarkable credentials to head the US Federal Reserve. I am very impressed by the appointment of Mr. Bernanke.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog is great. I plan to keep reading.

I thought you'd like more information on why are amino acids called acids from my site, hope you like it.

5:39 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

Welcome to michael mccafferty's world ! It is my hope to share with you my heartfelt thoughts on subjects near and dear to me. Again welcome. And please feel free to post.

Regina,Canada