Thursday, October 27, 2005

HARRIET MIERS WITHDRAWS HER NAME FROM UNITED STATES SUPREME COURT NOMINATION

Harriet Miers Withdraws Nomination
Bush Is "Deeply Disappointed




Harriet Miers withdrew this morning as a nominee for the U.S. Supreme Court.

CLICK HERE to read entire WASHINGTON POST report on the decision by Harriet Miers to withdraw her name.

MICHAEL McCAFFERTY comments:

I blame 'far right' conservatives like US Senator Sam Brownback for the downfall of Harriet Miers. Christian conservatives were being way too demanding. I believe that Harriet Miers was eminently qualified to be a Justice of the US Supreme Court and that she is a very outstanding and remarkable woman.

President Bush should 'not' bow to pressure from the far right and he should nominate a conservative like John Roberts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

Welcome to michael mccafferty's world ! It is my hope to share with you my heartfelt thoughts on subjects near and dear to me. Again welcome. And please feel free to post.

Regina,Canada