Sunday, September 11, 2005

Japan Prime Minister Koizumi wins his gamble with a landslide

copyright news.telegraph.com
By Colin Joyce in Tokyo(Filed: 12/09/2005)

Japan's prime minister, Junichiro Koizumi, gained an overwhelming mandate for his reforms last night after gambling his political life on a snap election.

His Liberal Democratic Party (LDP) was returned to power with a landslide, winning at least 296 of the 480 seats in parliament's lower house, nearly 30 more than previously.

CLICK HERE to read complete news.telgraph.com article about Japan's election and the victory of Prime Minister Koizumi.

michael mccafferty comments:

I admire strong and solid leadership. That is why I admire Japan's Prime Minister Koizumi. He had the courage to take his vision for Japan to the people in a snap election.

I am delighted by the landslide victory the voters of Japan have given Prime Minister Koizumi.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

Welcome to michael mccafferty's world ! It is my hope to share with you my heartfelt thoughts on subjects near and dear to me. Again welcome. And please feel free to post.

Regina,Canada