Sunday, September 04, 2005

A little-known United States Senator George Allen has been named most likely Republican nominee for 2008

President Allen ?

Copyright MacLean's (Canada)
August 22 2005

United States Senator George Allen

The little-known senator and former governor of Virginia has been anointed the most likely Republican presidential nominee in 2008 by 85 congressional Republicans and influential strategists polled by the insider National Journal magazine.


CLICK HERE to read the fascinating and excellent article about GEORGE ALLEN

in McLean's.

michael mccafferty comments:

Ronald Reagan was the greatest president in my lifetime to date. So when I read about potential American presidents I always compare them to President Reagan in my mind.

There are excellent Republicans who come to mind as Republican candidates for 2008 such as John McCain and Jeb Bush.

The other day while reading MacLean's in my doctor's office I came accross a fascinating article about United States Senator George Allen -- and I am very impressed by his outstanding credentials. He is in the 'spirit' of Ronald Reagan !

President Allen ? Let's see what happens.


5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beltway insiders seem to think Allen will be the nominee, although polls all show McCain, Giuliani and Rice far ahead of the other Republicans (including in the key early contest states). For now, all of this is just speculation.

9:08 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see George Allen as the next John Edwards. Will do well, but not enough to overcome the giants of Giuliani or McCain. Perhaps he'll be the veep nominee. But I see him as not yet ready for primetime

10:11 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What I see happening, Michael, is a split GOP primary. Many conservatives will be battling, such as Romney, Frist, Brownback, Huckabee, and Allen, and each will get 3-5, with Allen getting a bit higher. Plus, he'll likely win a few Southern primaries. But ultimately, methinks it's going to McCain or Giuliani (I plan to support America's mayor in 2008)

Moderate Mark (the above posting was mine too)

10:15 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

By 3-5, I meant percent, not states. Allen will likely get 12-15%, and win several Southern states, including the important South Carolina primary, but will likely end up in 2nd or 3rd, and quite possibly the VP nominee

10:17 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wouldn't mind another Virginian in the White House. It's been way to long of a wait.

10:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

Welcome to michael mccafferty's world ! It is my hope to share with you my heartfelt thoughts on subjects near and dear to me. Again welcome. And please feel free to post.

Regina,Canada