Friday, August 12, 2005

Michaelle Jean and the 1995 Quebec referandum

Governor General designate Jean must explain views on sovereignty: premiers

COPYRIGHT CTV.ca News

CTV.ca News Staff
At least two premiers think that incoming Governor General Michaelle Jean should tell Canadians her views on Quebec sovereignty and how she voted in the 1995 referendum.
"Did she vote yes or not?'' New Brunswick Premier Bernard Lord wondered Friday.

British Columbia Premier Gordon Campbell agreed that Jean should explain her feelings on a united Canada.

CLICK HERE to read entire CTV NEWS article.

michael mccafferty comments:

I do not believe the premiers should be calling into question how Governor General designate Michaelle Jean voted in the 1995 referandum in Quebec. She obviously has a desire to serve as Governor General of Canada in a very honorable and meaningful way.

As a Canadian I am very impressed by her credentials to be Governor General of Canada, and I believe the premiers are 'playing politics' with how she may or may not have voted. SIMPLY STATED: It should not be an issue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

Welcome to michael mccafferty's world ! It is my hope to share with you my heartfelt thoughts on subjects near and dear to me. Again welcome. And please feel free to post.

Regina,Canada