Sunday, April 02, 2006

World remembers Pope John Paul II

BBC News

Tens of thousands of people have gathered in Rome to mark the first anniversary of the death of Pope John Paul II with an evening prayer vigil.

Pope Benedict XVI blessed the candlelit event in St Peter's Square at 2137 local time (1937 GMT), the exact time of his predecessor's death.

Click here for BBC News report on the first anniversary of the death of Pope John Paul II.

Michael McCafferty comments:

I loved and adored Pope John Paul II. It is my heartfelt prayer that he will be named as a Saint.

God bless the memory of Pope John Paul II.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

Welcome to michael mccafferty's world ! It is my hope to share with you my heartfelt thoughts on subjects near and dear to me. Again welcome. And please feel free to post.

Regina,Canada