Thursday, November 10, 2005

‘Troop train’ gets hero’s welcome !

OTTAWA November 10

TORONTO STAR REPORT click here

A special Via Rail train carrying a few hundred veterans and their family members has arrived in Ottawa ahead of Remembrance Day ceremonies tomorrow.
The train left Halifax Wednesday morning, and made more than 25 stops on its way to the nation's capital.

CTV NEWS coverage of the veterans' remembrance train click here.

Michael McCafferty comments:

My 88 year old uncle Douglas Matheson, a veteran of World War II, and my aunt Billie and my mother Helen McCafferty were on this very special train trip to Ottawa to honor Canada's veterans.

My late father was 21 when he landed at D Day in 1944. I wish he could have been on that train but I am sure he was there in spirit.

Thank God we live in a nation that pays such honor and respect to our veterans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

Welcome to michael mccafferty's world ! It is my hope to share with you my heartfelt thoughts on subjects near and dear to me. Again welcome. And please feel free to post.

Regina,Canada